[Seaside] WABrush vs. WATagBrush

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:49:14 UTC 2018

Hi Sean,

On 28/08/2018 09:54, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
> What is the difference? They seem to be parallel hierarchies describing
> similar things, but with subtle differences e.g. WABrushes DNU #ensureID.

This is not an official reply since I didn't build the hierarchy, but as
I understand it WABrush is the "abstract" implementation that provides
the building blocks to do the kind of "nested" rendering (`with:`) that
characterizes Seaside.

While WATagBrush is meant to be used in a WATagCanvas only, the same way
WAJsonBrush is meant to be used in a WAJsonCanvas.

I think that hierarchy might have some historical influence, becase in
previous Seaside versions the html canvas was actually XHTML, which was
a subset of XML.

And my memory might be flawed but waaay back (circa Seaside 1 or 2) the
only distinction was between "single" and "compound" brushes, but other
than for dates or time inputs that rendered several fields together with
a single callback I've never seen it used elsewhere.

Regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo