[Seaside] convert from quad-byte single or double quote characters to single byte?

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 23:48:08 UTC 2018

Hi Johan,

It's not a Seaside bug.  GemStone's version of CharacterCollection>>#match:
(aka #squeakMatch:) doesn't work when instances of Unicode16 strings are
used as the "pattern". At least while searching through instances of
CharacterCollection.  I thought it would be easier to drop or convert the
smart quotes and convert the object to String because the possible search
domain is known/limited.

But you're right as there are whitespace and other characters that someone
may enter.  I'll see what makes sense to do.

Thanks

Paul

Johan Brichau-2 wrote

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html