[Seaside] Questions about seaside and pharo

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Thu Jun 14 16:40:17 UTC 2018

For Rest - there is a SeasideRest framework, but if its strictly a restful endpoint you want, maybe Teapot might be a better starring point (there are a few tutorials for it - but its pretty simple). https://github.com/zeroflag/Teapot <https://github.com/zeroflag/Teapot>

If you are really into Ajax stuff - Seaside is still pretty good, but there is also a new framework called Willow, that is pretty good for doing more UI Ajax’y stuff with single page applications. There are some good medium articles from the Willow team - e.g. https://github.com/ba-st/Willow <https://github.com/ba-st/Willow> . I have an example app that also shows how to deploy it to a DigitalOeean server which the guys here pointed me to - its well worth it for £5/m - https://gitlab.com/macta/WillowPagerDuty <https://gitlab.com/macta/WillowPagerDuty>

Tim