[Seaside] How best to report (loading) errors in latest Seaside on Pharo?

Tim Mackinnon tim at testit.works
Wed May 16 21:08:57 UTC 2018

Hi guys - I’ve finally got my simple application CI working (and still contemplating using SmalltalkCI) and it immediately failed as I look for Undeclared classes on load and Seaside has a bunch of them on Pharo 6. I think all libraries should load clean (a noble goal - but useful in a dynamic language)

I’ve inherited a spec from Willow which is;

baseline: 'Seaside3'
			with: [ spec
				repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:v3.2.4/repository';
				loads: #('Seaside-Environment' 'JQuery' 'Zinc') ];
		project: 'Seaside3-Tests' copyFrom: 'Seaside3' with: [ spec loads: #('Seaside-Tests-Core') ].

The following come up:

1. BaselineOfGrease>>initializeLatin1ToUtf8Encodings (GRUtf8CodecStream is Undeclared)
2. GRSmallDictionary>>explorerContents (ObjectExplorerWrapper is Undeclared)
3. WAEnvironment class>>configureApplicationExceptionHandlingDefaults (WAWalkbackErrorHandler is Undeclared)

1. This seems to be in the doit category of BaselineOfGrease>>initializeLatin1ToUtf8Encodings which seems to be a GemStone thing so not sure why its in a Pharo image?
2. This seems to be in GRSmallDictionary>>explorerContents which seems to be in Grease-Pharo60-Core - this doesn’t look familiar so not sure if its some old remnant?
3. This one looks more serious - WAEnvironment>>configureApplicationExceptionHandlingDefaults which is in Seaside-Environment, however WAWalkbackErrorHandler is defined in Seaside-Development - Core (so its at the wrong level?)

Do I log something for them? I think they are easy enough to fix - I guess I could try and do a pull request (but its still early days for me on that front).

Tim