[Seaside] WAFileLibrary deployFiles then what?

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Wed Nov 21 07:41:07 UTC 2018

Timothy,

not sure I am answering the right question here, but the idea of
deploying files to the file system in a production system is that
requests coming in for files never reach your smalltalk image, thus
keeping load off your image.

So what is needed is a definition for nginx that "catches" requests to
/files/ and redirect them to files onyour filesystem, namely the path
you deployed your files to.

I am using Apache, so I cannot say what exactly needs to be done in nginx,

Here's what's in my apache conf for this purpose:

        Alias /files /var/www/app.kontolino
         ProxyPass /files !

         Alias /favicon.ico
/var/www/app.kontolino/OfBuchhaltungFileLibrary/favicon.ico
         ProxyPass /favicon.ico !

         Alias /robots.txt
/var/www/app.kontolino/OfBuchhaltungFileLibrary/robots.txt
         ProxyPass /robots.txt !

So all you need to do is to transpile this for nginx ;-)

HTH

Joachim