[Seaside] wait for callback and use results of return value

Sabine Manaa manaa.sabine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:56:41 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have spent several hours in the following problem: I want to use a list of
names in Pharo which I get from amazon S3. But it is not a aws problem but a
problem of understanding how to use callbacks/asynchronus code and return
values. This is a simplified version for describing the problem. Pressing
the button "testing" evaluates the Javascript code below. The result, I want
to use in Pharo is the result which is at *1*. But the method immediately
returns the result at *2*, because it dose not wait for the function to be
completed. This is more a javascript question but perhaps someone had a
similar problem.
Perhaps someone has an idea. I already tried with promises but did not
succeed.

Sabine

renderTestOn: html
	html
		html:
			''.

	html div
		onClick:
			(html jQuery ajax callback: [ :var | var inspect ] value: (JSStream on:
'getS3Data()'));
		with: 'testing'

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html