[Seaside] wait for callback and use results of return value

Karsten Kusche karsten at heeg.de
Wed Nov 21 14:59:18 UTC 2018

Hi Sabine,

i don’t know what exactly you mean with 1 and 2 but i assume getS3Data() returns immediately and its result is sent to the server. If getS3Data() performs an asynchronous call, the method is pretty quick and doesn’t block.

What you need to do is something like this (from the jQuery website):

var jqxhr = $.ajax( "example.php" )
  .done(function() {
    alert( "success" );
  })
  .fail(function() {
    alert( "error" );
  })
  .always(function() {
    alert( "complete" );
  });

You create the Ajax request to S3 and in the done-function you can to handle the result and pass it to a callback. I can’t tell you how to do that out of my head though, it shouldn’t be too hard though.

Kind Regards
Karsten