[Seaside] Bootstrap multilingual?

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:39:49 UTC 2018

On 01/09/2018 03:43, gettimothy wrote:
> Hi Estaban

> If you have time and/or inclination could you spare a couple of links on
> how you approach this project?
>
> I am on a big project now and I would like to start the multi-lingual
> groundwork.

Sorry, the project code cannot be disclosed, but I'm using VisualWorks
internationalization user message catalogs.

VisualWorks' locale lookup is performed at process level, and there is a
special Seaside request filter to configure localization, so to switch
between different locales I simply set the current process locale to the
one I prefer. I can switch the whole language UI in a single click.

To enable localized Strings I don't reference strings directly, but keys
in a particular catalog. And fill placehodlers with #expandMacrosWith:
and friends.

I never did multilanguage in Pharo, but I understand there is the Getext
library that provides similar behavior.

Regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo