[Seaside] Seaside and Session dependant Docker containers

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 18:43:18 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 11:12 AM Esteban Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Did anybody played/experimented with having Docker containers where we
> can spawn a new container for each new session, or get a "sticky"
> container for the same session the same way we can do it with nginx or
> other reverse proxies?
>
> Not an actual need, but I'm about to deploy a basic Seaside app and
> was thinking of using something like Swarm instead of nginx and
> supervisord.

I did. You can see this docker-compose.xml:
https://github.com/vasmalltalk/docker-examples/blob/master/source/SeasideTrafficLights/Raspberry/docker-compose.yml
where
I use Traefik webserver with sticky Seaside sessions. The key line is:

traefik.backend.loadbalancer.stickiness: "true"

Best,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Email: marianopeck at gmail.com