[Seaside] Maintaining a deployed image

sergio ruiz sergio.rrd at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 04:12:29 UTC 2019

Hey, all..

I have just deployed an application in Alpha. But it shouldn’t take much
time to get to the final stage..

I just have a few questions:

- How do I go about keeping the deployed image up to date. I have used
iceberg for this project, and am wondering if I might have to switch to
monticello to do this easily. what I would like to do is use TelePharo to
remote into my running image and update to the latest code version. It
looks like there is a problem with TelePharo right now.
- I liked the idea of using PharoCloud, but I can’t seem to get my image
running over there. I can’t even log in, so it scares me a little bit to
run my whole app there. trying to log in, i get: 'MessageNotUnderstood:
receiver of "doSemanticAnalysisIn:" is nil Your request could not be
completed. An exception occurred.’
- How feasible is it to keep one image up and running on my production
platform. It kind of looks like I might have to maintain a production image
on my local machine and sync it to the production server.
- is it possible to store the session variables that are usually in the
path in the cookie? I would like to make the URL shareable, and savable.

For those interested, the app does the following:

- Tracks all bands played on Bagel Radio on SomaFM
- Uses the BandsInTown API to track all shows related to all bands
- Allows the user to input their zip code, and a distance radius.
- Get a listing of all concerts in that radius

The reasoning behind this is that Bagel plays alot of up and coming and
sometimes obscure artists. The followers of the station tend to attend live
shows, but keeping track of such things is almost impossible. This app
makes it effortless to make sure something really neat coming to town isn’t
missed.

you can check it out here:

http://www.bagelconcertfinder.com

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
http://www.codeandmusic.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101