[Seaside] Refload page on typing without losing focus?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Mar 25 19:27:19 UTC 2019

Hello,

I managed to show a validation message beneath an input field of type text on every keypress using jQuery. In this case I knew exactly which DOM element to change.

Now I would like to refresh the whole page on every keypress without having to know which DOM elements need changing. In the keypress callback I change some state and then I would like to rerender the page like it would when using renderContentOn:.

I know how to trigger a page reload. However, the challenge is to keep editing the input field, i.e. the keyboard focus, the cursor position and the text selection.

Is this possible somehow? Any help would be appreciated.

- Bernhard