[Seaside] rendering Cyrillic in Seaside?

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Mon Sep 23 20:02:34 UTC 2019

Hi All,

The Seaside is secondary, as the problem is with the fonts in my Squeak 5.2 linux64 image.

When I navigate...

Extras -> Language -> Russian

      cyrillic displays as ??????  i.e. is not rendered correctly.

When I go searching ...

Apps  ->Font Importer -> Nothing with UTF8 among the selections.

Since

ru:Планктон

Cannot be rendered as is in the Squeak workspace, but instead shows up as

ru:????????

That is what Seaside renders.

The problem, therefore is getting a UTF8 (?) font into my image. Unfortunately, I do not see any available.

cheers,

---- On Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:37:14 -0400 Esteban Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com> wrote ----

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM Karsten Kusche <mailto:karsten at heeg.de> wrote:

> use #text: instead of #html:, it’ll do correct escaping. #html: is used only when you want to write plain HTML to the canvas, which is something you typically don’t do, because that’s what the canvas is there for in the first place.

+1.
In the end it will end up calling #encodeOn: on the String, using the
WADocument encoder for it.

Regards,