[Seaside] Seaside 3.4.2 & help wanted!

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Fri Jul 10 14:53:31 UTC 2020

Hey Esteban,

> On 10 Jul 2020, at 00:37, Esteban Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I've been using Seaside continuously during the last year I also
> felt guilty of not contributing back to the development of it.

You are very actively responding to questions and discussions both on Discord and the mailinglist, and that too is a contribution!

> What would be the best way to do it? I see there are a lot of issues,
> but many are tagged as 3.5 and 3.6.
> Is there a priority list? Are there low hanging fruits that can be
> used to gain momentum in the contribution process?

We (well, mostly Philippe) did tag some issues as ‘BiteSize’: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/labels/BiteSize <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/labels/BiteSize>
It’s probably not very up-to-date and I should run over the list to classify the issues again.
There is also the (still unfinished) list of issues we tagged for the last camp smalltalk at esug in Koln: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/labels/CampSmalltalk%202019 <https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/labels/CampSmalltalk%202019>

But I would say anything you have done yourself to extend or change Seaside which might be useful for others is interesting.
I am very much aware that this often requires additional work, which is also why not all changes and extensions we made at Yesplan found their way into Seaside…
And many times, it should not even become part of core Seaside…. Which reminds me of a website we should setup and gather those references there ;)

> I'm currently exploring changes or extensions (that I think are
> enhancements) to the core model, to expose an app to be session-less
> for most of its use, but it's an exploratory long road that I take
> in my spare time that might end up being a dead-end.

Haha, I can totally sympathise there :) I have many images of started experiments I never actually finished…

Cheers!
Johan