[Seaside] Seaside 3.4.4 for VAST early preview

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 13:34:34 UTC 2021

Greetings all,

We have an early preview of our Seaside v3.4.4 port to VAST 10.0.2. Such a
new port will be officially released in VAST 2022 (11.0.0) but we wanted to
give you a chance to try it and provide feedback before then.

Download this .zip <https://bit.ly/3iwa1TJ> using your Instantiations
trial/licensed credentials. It contains a .dat with the new version of the
Seaside configuration maps:

z.ST: Server Smalltalk (SST) - Seaside v3.4.4 f

z.ST: Server Smalltalk (SST) - Seaside Testing v3.4.4 j

zz.Server.AbtSstSeasideFeature v3.4.4 c

You should import all versions of all configuration maps and then load what
you need. You can also script the import like this:

StsConfigurationMapsBrowser new importAllConfigMapsFrom:
'C:\your\path\to\Seaside3.4.4.dat'

And the load like this:

(EmConfigurationMap editionsFor: 'z.ST: Server Smalltalk (SST) - Seaside
Testing' ) first loadWithRequiredMaps

Finally, you can start a Seaside server either from "Transcript" -> "Tools"
-> "Open Seaside Control Panel" , or from code:

(WASstServerAdaptor port: 8080)
codec: (GRCodec forEncoding: 'utf-8');
start

And of course, then from the browser navigate to http://localhost:8080/

Please, all testing and feedback is more than welcome.

Best,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Email: marianopeck at gmail.com