[Seaside] in Pharo does GRCountingStream need to be used in WAComboResponse?

PAUL DEBRUICKER pdebruic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 21:30:32 UTC 2022

I've run into an issue with WAComboResponse where I get a different value for the chunk size vs the length of the contents in Pharo. As far as I can tell, when the issue happens, the count is lower than the length of the contents.

So the chunk is malformed with a reported size of 10922 and a content size of 10948, which makes the browser close the connection.

`WAComboResponse>>#nextChunk:put:` seems to only be dealing with ByteArrays and [chunked encoding counts the octets](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunked_transfer_encoding#Format)

If I change from using the reported `count` inst var to the `data size` value then my issue goes away.

Has anyone ever seen that before?  Am I misunderstanding how it works?