[Setools] Process - Case Relation

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Tue Oct 3 07:44:06 UTC 2006

Hello Hans,

HNB> I don't think so, because I only think for input errors of humans. To
HNB> keep a history of this I belive has very small value. And it would be
HNB> really the question if such process switching should be possible as a
HNB> normal use case.... If you have an example for a case where such
HNB> would make sense :-).............

I think of ill defined processes which grow over time. My custumers
are all small companies and even where they believe they have well
defined processes, I think they'll find out their processes are not
well defined.

So I guess if I would introduce Gjallar to any of them the normal case
would be that every more complex process will change over time.

>> And let's think a bit further, we might make a semiautomatic transfer
>> (user assigns stages between old an new process). This could make it
>> possible to get obsolete processes out of the system.

HNB> You think for an translation of processes ? Or more in the direction
HNB> of evolution of processes ? But from my experience, it could be

evolution is one aspect, insight that the description (=Gjallar
process) doesn't match the real process is the other.

HNB> deadly complicated if all could be changed. So from this I see these
HNB> different things we must look in gjallar:

I have only looked into very few methods but having a list of obsolete
processes for the old versions and a case carrying a list of processes
I like to discuss the value of a feature before discussing its costs.

HNB> - input errors which may have no history

that would be exchanging the process of a case while it its in the
Inbox.
HNB> - evolution of things which have a small transition and history

Yes, except that people might migrate old cases and then things get a
bigger history quickly.

HNB> - create things from building blocks and no history

That's interesting. I could learn how to build blocks with a flexible
number of inputs and outputs (= transitions?) and a *usable* interface
for that.

HNB> BTW Herbert, do you have tried to send a big file to the list ? I got
HNB> a bomb of many notifies about it...;-)

I only tried once, and actually I only wanted to send it to Göran. But
I only sent once, so the bombing came from elsewhere. (Maybe gmx?)

Actually I wait for Gjallar for Gjallar :-)) so that the link goes
here and the report goes to Gjallar.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net