[Setools] gjallar graphic UI to create a process

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Oct 5 17:59:10 UTC 2006

Hello Göran,

gks> Then it would be nice if you could name the cats more specifically
gks> somehow. Again, no biggie. :)

Will do.

gks> Working with Gjallar, which is my largest MC project I think, has shown
gks> that operations are quite fast. I don't think that is an issue.

Seems to depend on where you come from. I feel a big difference in
working with Q2 mcz and my small one.

gks> 1. Use a different PI name (a different package). You do this by
gks> 2. Use the "Q2" prefix like today. Do not bother warning me - you can
gks> Personally I would prefer for you to take route 2, it is the simplest

I will kinda choose route 1.5.
For my day to day work I'll use my separate mcz, which I will (and
have just) keep current on the gjallar repo.

Whenever I think something useful for all users has come up I will
load it into gjallar with the latest gk Version and publish it there.

So people who want to test and comment can just use the small one.

At the moment everything for the first stage is ready, except for
Gjallar integration. So everyone is welcome to test (or finish the two
missing methods).

Göran if you want, you can look into
Q2ProcessChecker>>isProcessGraphOk if you like the idea for
incorporating it into the kernel.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net