[Setools] Gjallar user names

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Oct 14 07:27:26 UTC 2006

Hello,

how do I find the names of all users in Gjallar?

The obvious would be:
Q2session current model users do: [:each | each name].

But (using the sample database) in an explorer you can rename oden to
mimer by sending #name:. In this case the above will return two mimers
but Q2session current model findUserNamed: 'oden' will still return
the old oden with 'mimer' in his name instVar.

In some place usernames must be unique otherwise the result of
#findUserNamed would not make much sense?

The reason for all this:
In the process creating UI I started to add users and admins to a
process and I'm not sure where to get the names from and how to deal
with not unique names.

Another question:
User lists are said to be process wide in the design document.
Is there something like global user lists?
Are categories the key to this?
If a process has many users, it would be convenient to just add a
global group of users instead of adding them one by one.

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net