[Setools] Gjallar morphic admin console stopped working and Gjallar localization

Balázs Kósi rebmekop at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:44:56 UTC 2006

Hi!
> > Hello,
> >
> > when I finally wanted to give a try to the morphic admin console,
> > "Q2MorphicAdminConsole open" gave a DNU.
> >
> > In Q2V0.3-gk.196 (maybe 197) Q2SessionWithoutSeaside>>sharedModel was
> > changed to return Q2Session sharedModel which does not exist anymore.

To solve this, I've put the sharedModel from Q2Session instance side
to the class side like:

Q2Session >> sharedModel
   ^self class sharedModel

Q2Session class >> sharedModel
   ^SharedModel ifNil: [SharedModel := Q2Model currentInSession: self
sharedMagmaSession]

And now it seems to work again.

By the way, i started to work on the localization of gjallar.
Based on gokr's article [1] and on Brent Pinkney's post [2].
I plan to create another morphic tool based on Andreas Raab's
LocalizationInfoEditor [3a 3b] to make the change more convenient.
Hopefully i'll upload a working version soon.

[1] http://people.squeakfoundation.org/article/43.html
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.seaside/5916
[3a] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2003-October/068540.html
[3b] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/attachments/20031017/1a5eb081/LocalizationInfo.1.bin