[Setools] Gjallar: Questions (2/16)

Thierry Thelliez thierry.thelliez.tech at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 06:18:08 UTC 2007

Goran and all,

Getting deeper in the Gjallar code, I have the following questions.
Thanks for any help. Thierry

1- What is this method achieving?
Q2CasesView > reCalculateIfNeeded
	"Recalculate if db has changed."

	txnMarker = self model txnMarker ifFalse: [
		self calculate.
		txnMarker := self model txnMarker]

2- How could a message be displayed to the users that have been logged
out because of timeout?

3 - Why is this called at user login? Why already returning a form?
Q2User > tableCaseForm
	"Return the table form to use."

	self flag: #q2todo.
	^self processes ifEmpty: [self model defaultTableCaseForm]
		ifNotEmpty: [self processes first tableCaseForms first]

4- Why does LeftPanel keep track of the viewed cases? (BTW, you can
see an ongoing attempt on my side to display a list of users. Mostly
copy/paste from the Case example).
Q2Component subclass: #Q2LeftPanel
	instanceVariableNames: 'navigation quickJump casesSection viewCases
formatter viewProcesses initialRequest viewUsers'
	classVariableNames: ''
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'Q2-Seaside UI'

5- Could you explain the relationship between Q2ViewCases,
Q2FilterPanel and Q2FilterViewer? I found that the Filter classes are
dedicated to cases. Would it make sense to be able to 'filter' the
existing users (by category, by process,...)? If yes, would ti make
sense to reuse these classes?