[Setools] MagmaServerRequests

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 22:52:31 UTC 2007

Chris Muller wrote:
>> I have made it fairly generic since it passes arbitrary messages, and
>> returns any values, trapping server-side errors, it transports them back
>> over the wire in order to signal them in the client.
>
> "Ma client server" does not support a dynamic protocol; only fixed
> which must be established just before session negotiation.  How do you
> handle this?
My MagmaServerRequest being a subclass of RepositoryRequest is
registered as part of the Magma protocol as you say. It has an attribute
'requests'. This is passed as an Array of Message' instances, both of
these appear to be understood by Magma for serialization. At the other
end I check that the Message-#selector's are defined in the
#requestsSupported and simply send them to the class that implements
that selector.

cheers

Keith