[Smalltalk-vn] Now in Vietnam

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at doesnotunderstand.org
Mon Nov 10 08:31:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,
i'm now a resident of Hanoi city ;-) I'm working in the MSI laboratory
: http://www.ifi.auf.org/site/content/view/35/46/

Do you have any ideas to foster the developement of the Vietnamese
Smalltalk community ?
We are 5 people on this mailing list right now. Could you describe
your Smalltalk activities or interests ?

The first idea i have is to start to enhance the existing VN
ressources like the Wikipedia Smalltalk page :
http://vi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smalltalk
Another idea is to translate the "Squeak by Example" book in
vietnamese : http://www.squeakbyexample.org/ or
(http://www.squeakbyexample.org/fr for the french edition). Maybe a
more simpler task is to make a VN flyer like this one :
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st/seaside/pier/Smalltalk/flyers
Unfortunately i don't speak vietnamese. Do you have any ideas of the
price of a translation ?

I would like to meet the local Linux and open-source user groups in
order to made presentations of Smalltalk and Squeak.
If we have great ideas, we could also have some funding help from ESUG
(European Smalltalk User Group).

See you,
--
Serge Stinckwich
IRD - UR 079 Geodes, MSI Team, Hanoi, Vietnam