[Smalltalk-vn] Re: Scratch Day !!!

Duong "Yang" ヤン Ha Nguyen cmpitg at gmail.com
Thu May 12 15:51:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Nobody interested to organize a Scratch Day in Vietnam ?
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Serge Stinckwich
> <serge.stinckwich at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Scratch is open-source and written in Squeak Smalltalk. A version of
> > Scratch is available on XO OLPC.
> >
> > Maybe we could try to organize something in Ha Noi ?
> > Several alternatives are possible for a Scratch Day:
> > - invite educators to discover Scratch
> > - presentation of local scratch projects
> > - informal gathering of Scratchers.
> >
> > Any Scratchers (or wanabee scratchers) in Ha Noi ? Viet Nam ?
> >
> > We some friends, we are working on porting Scratch to a more modern
> > version of Squeak, called Pharo (because we don't like green
> > interfaces and we want to open Scratch to code contributions from
> > people who are working on using Scratch with external devices like
> > arduino).
> > We already have some portion of the software working.
> > So i'm willing to do wild Scratch coding sessions :-)
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Serge Stinckwich
> > UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> > Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> > http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Dear Serge,

Oh, I couldn't believe I have missed your email!!!  I support the idea
af a Scratch day in Hanoi.  This is a good chance for promote
Smalltalk Squeak/Pharo.  Also, it's a great chance for me to get my
hands dirty with Smalltalk again.  I haven't used Smalltalk for a
while.

What's your proposed activities for a Scratch day in Hanoi?  What
about PR & Communication?  How should we do some promotion on events
like Coding Dojo, Hackfest, etc.?

Cheers,
Yang
--
Dương "Yang" ヤン Hà Nguyễn
Web log: http://cmpitg.wordpress.com/

[ Do not send me Microsoft Office attachments, please.
  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html ]