[SoC] 2006 application

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Feb 26 10:08:12 UTC 2007

On 26.02.2007, at 10:46, Giovanni Corriga wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> I seem to recall that either ESUG or the Squeak Foundation tried to
> apply for the 2006 edition of SoC. Could you please tell us how it
> went
> and why exactly we were not accepted?

I pasted the rejection email down below. The big problem was that
the news about SOC2006 was made public on Easter Saturday... if
I remember correctly. I could not anwer before the easter monday,
and then they had already far too many requests.

I was a bit disappointed, as it is kind of  a "social filter" to require
people to do everthing on the one weekend where you are normally
try to spend time with the family... (at least in those parts of the
world
that have some form of holiday there).

	Marcus