[SoC] Status report: mentors, students, project ideas

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Wed Feb 28 18:10:18 UTC 2007

Hi all,

a quick status report:

Projects: we currently have 7 project ideas. I've sent a request on the
Seaside mailing list for some Seaside-related ideas, and I've asked
Andreas, Tim, and John for some Croquet- and VM-related ideas. Keith, if
you want to propose a Pier related project, you should do that now.
Likewise, if anyone else wishes to propose a project should speak now.
I think we should aim for about 10/12 project ideas, covering a wide
range of Squeak-related topics.

Students: right now we have 8 students interested in partecipating, with
possibly one more that still has to confirm.

Mentors: we have 8 mentors (nine with me, in case a ninth student joins
us). I'd like to have a couple more spare mentors, as defined here:
http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors ,
section "Allocating Resources".

	Any comments?

		Giovanni