[SoC] Who chooses students and projects?

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Tue Mar 20 16:55:57 UTC 2007

Il giorno mar, 20/03/2007 alle 12.59 +0100, Damien Cassou ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> after having read the FAQ
> (http://code.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10442), I'm still
> not sure how students are choosen and how many projects are affected
> to squeak. Here is what I think:
>
> - the mentoring organization gives a mark to each student proposal
> - google review the marks and give a still undefined number of
> projects to squeak associated to one student.

A student may apply for up to 20 projects overall, but will end up doing
only one of those.

When the student submissions will be closed, Google will tell us how
many students have been accepted for Squeak. Then each of our mentors
will have to evaluate the student proposals and give each one a score.
The final rank of the students will be determined from those scores.

	Giovanni