[SoC] Who chooses students and projects?

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Tue Mar 20 17:20:08 UTC 2007

Il giorno mar, 20/03/2007 alle 18.09 +0100, Damien Cassou ha scritto:
> 2007/3/20, Giovanni Corriga <giovanni at corriga.net>:
> > A student may apply for up to 20 projects overall, but will end up doing
> > only one of those.
>

> ok
>

> > When the student submissions will be closed, Google will tell us how
> > many students have been accepted for Squeak.
>

> So Google is the first organization to choose. They read all students
> proposals and choose the students. The Squeak foundation has nothing
> to say on this list. Right ?

No, Google will tell us how many students it will accept for working on
Squeak projects. The mentors will then have to decide who those students
will be, by ranking them. The ranking is done by giving each proposal a
score.

Example:
We ask for 20 students, Google tells us we can have five. We rank the
proposals. The first five students will get the job.

	Giovanni