[SoC] SOC: New IDEs

Juraj Kubelka Juraj.Kubelka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 15:09:08 UTC 2007

Hi Damien,

thank you a lot for your patience.

   The first idea of the project was to have Squeak System Browser at
least as powerful (useful) as I know from Smalltalk/X.  I think most
of wanted features are already implemented, but it is not possible to
use in one browser.  I am not sure if I discover something new.
Maybe context based interface for (refactoring) functions (for
example every "plug-able" feature will knows where it is belongs and
then will be displayed/used in proper place like context menu).  Or
context based interface for displaying classes, methods, variables
(possible to define color or icon for particular class/method...).
But actually I do not know.  Maybe it is just necessary to
consolidate several existing projects.

   Now I am not sure the project has changes of acceptation in SoC...

Thank you for your help.
Best regards,
Juraj