[SoC] various questions

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Thu Mar 29 11:05:45 UTC 2007

On 29 mars 07, at 04:43, Ralph Johnson wrote:

> Is this list reserved for mentors, or are students on it, too?  In
> other words, is this an appropriate place to discuss various cases?

Indeed good questions.

> I wonder if our scoring will have any impact on how many students will
> be supported to work on Squeak projects?

I do not know.

> If it looks like we have a
> lot of good candidates, is is possible that we might get one more line
> of support than if we give most of them average scores?

I do not believe so. I do not believe that if we all give 4 it will
make sense.
I suggest that we play it real.
Especially since we also have the Summertalk just after and that we
could funds extra projects.

My criteria for evaluation are:
	- do they know smalltalk and not just copy and paste their projects?
	- did they do something in the past for the community?
	- do they are close to a mentor (because learning Smalltalk via
email or ichat does not work)
	- is the topic really relevant for the community?
	- is the schedule/tasks possible within the time frame?

Stef