[SoC] Squeak Mentor Summit?

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Apr 1 21:57:49 UTC 2008

It seems to me that we really need to get communication between mentors
bootstarted.  Can we start meeting virtually?  A handful of us already
hang out fairly regularly on #squeak (and some other channels) on
irc.freenode.net.  If some people can't use IRC perhaps we can use Skype
or some other technology.  Due to timezone issues I suspect just one
meeting time won't cut it, so perhaps we should have several at
different times of the day.  Is anyone else interested?  Should I just
pick out some times and dates and announce it?  I really think having at
least a meeting or two before the student application deadline would be
a good idea as there are some issues with at least a couple of the
applications.

Ken