[SoC] Summer of Code starts on Monday!

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Sat May 24 16:05:53 UTC 2008

Hi all,

this message is to remind you all that the coding period for the Summer
of Code starts next Monday! Here are some more details on what will
happen between now and Monday.

Summer of Squeak Blog
---------------------
If you haven't done so already, I invite you students to introduce
yourself and your project on the Summer of Squeak blog (
http://blog.summer.squeak.org/ ). You should have received an
invitation, if you can't get access to the blog,please drop me a line
and I'll invite you again.

IRC Meeting
-----------
We'll be having one more IRC meeting tomorrow, Sunday May 25th. The
meeting will be held on the #squeak-gsoc channel on the Freenode
network, starting from 9:00pm, London time. We'll address any final
concern that either mentors or students will have regarding the coding
period.

Monday and beyond
-----------------
We admins would like to be always up to date with regard to your
projects. For this reason, starting from next monday I'll be sending
down a reminder asking you students to reply to three simple questions:

1) what did you do last week?
2) what are you going to do this week?
3) what stood in the way of your work?

(If any of you is familiar with the Scrum software engineering
methodology, I adapted these questions from their daily meeting questions).
You can reply either by email or by posting a new article on the Summer
of Squeak blog.

	Ciao,

		Giovanni