[Squeak-cn] Chinese Squeak source can be updated with SVN now.

Xinyu Liu liuxinyu95 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:56:17 UTC 2007

Hi Chinese squeakers,

First, I would say sorry that it is really long time there isn't any update
for Chinese squeak. Because I was a little bit buzy. I think the best way
for the Chinese squeak growth is to make more and more people get involved.
Anyway a community can do much more than any individuals.

I put the Yoshiki Oshima's Chinese supporting source code here:
http://chinesesqueak.googlecode.com/svn/branches/3.8/
So anyone can access it.

I list many things we can considered to do next, they are:
 - Make change to Yoshiki's original souce, so it can also work with 3.9,
the main stream of squeak. (catch the mainstream)
 - Build a more friendly Chinese squeakland plugin for kids, but not the
developing image (so hard for kids)
 - Create some video tutorials in Chinese, as suggest by jimg1968, it is the
best way to instruct people how to use squeak.
 - Go on translate more books/web pages, especially those like 'Powerful
idea'.
 - Create Chinese squeak e-toys and projects. It is very important that
these etoys and projects are created by kids and teachers, but not by
developers as emphasised by Kelvin1945.

Any comments are welcome.

Yours,
Liu.