[Squeak-cn] Fwd: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

Xinyu Liu liuxinyu95 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:48:18 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kim Rose <kim.rose at vpri.org>
Date: Mar 22, 2007 2:37 AM
Subject: [Squeakland] SqueakFest '07 - Save the Date!

 Greetings!

Thanks to the continued interest and generosity of Columbia College Chicago,
we are delighted to announce SqueakFest '07!

The dates for this year's gathering are:
*August 1, 2 & 3*

Hands-on Workshops Wednesday, August 1st
Keynotes, presentations & panels Thursday and Friday, August 2 & 3

SqueakFest is open to educators, parents (homeschoolers, other)  developers,
community technology center leaders, etc., etc.  -- anyone interested in
working with Squeak Etoys.

This year we're planning a special track on the One Laptop Per Child
Initiative ($100 laptop)  and welcome participation by Etoy content
developers for this particular platform in addition to those using  or
planning to use Squeak Etoys on other computing platforms.  (For those who
may be unaware, Squeak Etoys is currently one offering provided on the $100
laptop which is being distributed in great quantity this year.)

Please save these dates and help spread the word to colleagues and friends
you think would be interested in attending.

We'll be sending a "call for presentations" in early April and also
launching the official SqueakFest '07 website at that time.

Please mark your calendar and  plan to join us in Chicago for SqueakFest
'07.
Please "stay tuned" for more details!
regards,
Kim