Killer Smalltalk Application

Ryan Davis zss at ZenSpider.com
Sun Apr 12 09:53:55 UTC 1998

>If someone could come up with a handful of prepared documents and them
>let them be modified using a 2D "sheet of paper" metaphor, I think it
>would make some people happy. (Although it probably would not make you
>rich.)

I agree totally Patrick. I know the "solution" too. It was called OpenDoc,
and it worked very well at solving this exact problem. It just doesn't sell.

On a related note, I would LOVE to see a set of office components written
in Squeak (using Morphic) so you could create a page, pop in a word
processing Morphic object, edit a bit, drop in a spreadsheet Morphic
object, edit it and create a chart... etc etc etc. The REAL emphasis here
is in component. They should NOT be full fledged applications (like MS
Word), but they should be useable by themselves.

           Ryan Davis         -=-    Zen Spider Software
 -=- mailto:zss at ZenSpider.com -=- http://www.ZenSpider.com/ -=-
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said but,
I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.