free C compiler for the mac

Hans-Martin Mosner hm.mosner at cww.de
Fri Apr 17 06:01:31 UTC 1998

William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

>  MPW is now available for free from Apple. Check out ftp://ftp.apple.com/devworld/
> for more info. (I don't know for certain if squeak will compile under MPW rather than MW,
> but isn't that part of the fun of C??? (I also have a bridge for sale! (;'p)))
> (oh yeah, I like Lisp as well as ST!)

I'm routinely compiling Squeak 1.23 with MPW. I did not try to do 1.31
yet because I currently have no idea how to do the JIT support snippets,
and the 1.31 image is still too unstabe for my taste (try correcting a
method in the debugger. Boom!), although I like some of the new
features.

The code generated my MrC is ok, although I've heard that Metrowerks
does a better job.

Hans-Martin