bit shifting

Dan Ingalls DanI at wdi.disney.com
Thu Apr 23 23:39:13 UTC 1998

OK, you guys -

I've done the hard work (with help from Hans-Martin).  Now you get to
do the easy work.

File in the attached code (to an image you don't care about), and try
to find a case where it fails to produce a correct result when
combining positive and negative numbers with bit logic operations.
The interpretation of negative numbers is two's complement (of course
;-).

This includes a little test method that I constructed in a few
minutes.  I would appreciate any other such test suites that you
consider to be good for checking out the bit logic code.

The better you test it, the better Sq2.0 will be.

Enjoy
	- Dan

Attachment converted: Cog:NegativeBits.23Apr425pm.cs (TEXT/ttxt) (0000CDEC)