SGI Binaries?

Ryan Davis zss at ZenSpider.com
Sun Apr 12 10:00:47 UTC 1998

I am looking for a place to get up to date SGI binaries for IRIX 6.2. I've
found some binaries for IRIX 5.3 (and in my ignorance I really don't
understand the difference too much, I've had my SGI for 1.5 weeks now) and
have downloaded them. I also found some older VMs for 6.2, but they didn't
like the newer image/sources (new primitives being used--obvious blowups).

Also, the 5.3 (and again, not sure if it has to do with the OS version or
not) VM eats quite a bit of CPU when idle. I _believe_ that I read in some
posting that this was fixed in one of the latest releases for _some_ OS(s).
Can this be confirmed on the SGI side?

           Ryan Davis         -=-    Zen Spider Software
 -=- mailto:zss at ZenSpider.com -=- http://www.ZenSpider.com/ -=-
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said but,
I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.