Mac Squeak problem

John M McIntosh johnmci at ibm.net
Mon Apr 13 07:51:31 UTC 1998

----------
>From: jecel at lsi.usp.br
>To: squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
>Subject: Mac Squeak problem
>Date: Sun, Apr 12, 1998, 8:56 PM
>

>Actually, I don't know if this is a problem is the Macintosh Squeak
>or just with the Siren release of it. I have downloaded the Siren
>files, but when I try to run it it complains that it can't find
>PowerMgrLib. Search through Apple's site, the only thing I found
>out about this is that it was moved to the data fork of the
>system file in MacOS 7.6 (the version that the university's
>Mac is running).
>
>Is there some kind of patch? Or maybe an older or newer version
>of the OS would work?

Erk, my fault perhaps. I had given Stephen Pope a copy of an updated
Metrowerks project to use (A slightly more recent version than the
official disney release). I suspect in this release I left in the
linkage to Apple's Power Manager facilities. A somewhat new feature
that supports power management on new macs and most powerbooks.

Which version of the Mac OS are you running? I bet it's not liking
your pre 7.x? perhaps? Let me know I'm sure Stephen will be on my
door step in the morning to rectify this problem...

>Yhanks for any help.
>-- Jecel

John M. McIntosh <johnmci at ibm.net>
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.
Various Smalltalk dialects -> VisualWorks, VisualWave
Macintosh custom programming
PGP Key: 1024/FC4EB80D Fingerprint=91E3FFB705465252 B701F7EEF2C2A6F6