Betreft: running image on another computer

Reinier van Loon R.L.J.M.W.van.Loon at inter.nl.net
Tue Apr 14 17:09:12 UTC 1998

Hans,

> ... the changes file (with write-access)
> can not be opened: more precisely, the primitive (in StandardFileStream)
> primOpen: fileName writable: true returns nil, while the file definitely
does
> exist. I vaguely remember a thread about this behavior. Is this a bug
with a
> workaround, or am I doing something wrong?

check the following:

1. are you allowed to write on this network disk (I experienced this with
VSE)
2. is the changes file perhaps marked as read-only (I had to fix this for
the FileList as well)
3. are more than one users trying to open the same file for writing (can
only be one)
4. is the file name allowed on that network disk (improbable because you
opened the other ones)
5. last: can you open it read-only

Reinier.