Little Red Hen message (sorry, it's uni-cultural)

glenn krasner at objectshare.com
Fri Apr 17 16:22:37 UTC 1998

Dan,

I don't think you or anyone needs to apologize. There haven't been any
significant individual slams on the Standards committee, but because there
has been a growing trend toward "ANSI bashing", I wanted to try to cut it
off before it got a life of its own and ended up out of proportion. I took
the opportunity to help clarify what we were up to and to encourage the
next rounds (generations?) of activity. And I sort of got into the crafting
of the email itself.

I wholeheartedly agree that Smalltalk needs both standards and for Squeak
and other efforts to progress.

And I absolutely agree with your party concept.

glenn