Linux squeak

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Tue Apr 28 00:08:02 UTC 1998

Alex,

> The one thing, that really annoys me is that squeak won't interrupt on
> CTRL-C. If I get stuck in an endless loop I have to kill the squeak
> process, restart squeak and replay the changes.

Use Alt-. (period) or redefine it by using InputSensor>>setInterruptKey:
e.g.,

  Sensor setInterruptKey: 16r263

should give you the desired Ctrl-C interrupt key.

> Mentioning starting squeak reminds me that I have tried to start
> squeak with the -xshm option to enable X shared memory extensions. If
> I try to resize the squeak work window it crashes. This won't happen
> when I start squeak without -xshm.

Well ... this sounds like if there is some bounds check wrong.

[Note to Ian: you might check if you handle cases correctly, when Squeak's
display form is smaller than the window - at one point this crashed the
Windows VM]

> What confuses me is that some of the sourcecode in the image uses CR
> as the lineend character.

Actually *all* sources in the image should have CR line endings ;-)

> Everytime I want to have a look at a method
> which has this line terminator I just get garbage in the method
> view. I have to do a format and accept to get it straight. Shouldn't
> the display method treat LF and CR equally?

There is a fix in STP's set of fileIns (at ftp.create.ucsb.edu).

Bye,
  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+