Squeak hardware

Ken Dickey kend at apple.com
Tue Apr 21 00:09:31 UTC 1998

>I have an idea for a very neat "palm top" computer based on
>Squeak and the StrongARM processor. It would be somewhat
>like Squeak on the Newton or like a super Pilot. It wouldn't
>have a pen, but a touchpad for the pointer and a "chorded"
>keyboard for text entry. Black and White as well as Color
>versions would be available. It would be very simple, but
>have several other features.
>
>I am trying to decide how I am going to divide my time between
>this and another project (Java based - YUCK!!!) and would like
>to know if there is any interest in this kind of thing.

I don't have many spare cycles, but my first job at Apple was to bring up
the Dylan system on the Newton.  I found the ARM chip to be a lot of fun.
 What development system are you planning on using?  [I believe that ARM
ltd has a development board but have not checked].

Anyway, keep me up to date on your plans & progress.

Cheers,
-Ken