Squeak hardware

Chris Reuter cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Apr 21 00:40:15 UTC 1998

> I have an idea for a very neat "palm top" computer based on
> Squeak and the StrongARM processor. It would be somewhat
> like Squeak on the Newton or like a super Pilot. It wouldn't
> have a pen, but a touchpad for the pointer and a "chorded"
> keyboard for text entry. Black and White as well as Color
> versions would be available. It would be very simple, but
> have several other features.
>
> I am trying to decide how I am going to divide my time between
> this and another project (Java based - YUCK!!!) and would like
> to know if there is any interest in this kind of thing.

I want one.

Actually, having thought about this a bit, I've concluded that my
ideal Squeak box would be a replacement for my TRS-80 Model 100--that
is, notebook-sized, light, rugged, durable and cheap.  Also, a
full-sized keyboard and display would be nice and it ought to be able
to run for hours without needing battery replacement.

			 --Chris