Why Squeak ?

James McCartney james at clyde.as.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 21 03:23:49 UTC 1998

At 5:37 PM -0700 4/20/98, Thierry Thelliez wrote:

>I am impressed by the Squeak technical efforts but I don't understand
>the
>'marketing' directions.

I think the efforts so far have been more directed towards developing a
practical, elegant foundation rather than satisfying marketing checkboxes.
This is the grassroots bottom up (Linux) approach rather than the hype-down
approach.
(..just my perspective as a Squeak lurker..)

   --- james mccartney     james at clyde.as.utexas.edu   james at lcsaudio.com
If you have a PowerMac check out SuperCollider, a real time synth program:
http://www.audiosynth.com