Simple Morphs

Dietmar Krueger dkrueger at rols2.oec.uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Apr 28 08:46:44 UTC 1998

>> a target object
>>  a selector to be sent
>>  an optional list of arguments for the message
>>  when to do the action (on mouse down,
>>   repeatedly while down, or on mouse up)
>What is a selector?
>
>>You can actually set all of these using menu commands. To
>>set the target, put the button over the desired target morph
>>and then use the "set target" menu command on the button.
>
>I can't find any "set target" menu command in the popup menu.
>
>How do you tell a button to change a TextMorph's contents to "Hello World"?
>
>Many thanks.
>
>Philippe de Rochambeau

It only takes 30 seconds:
-Open an empty morphic world.
-Add a TextMorph and a SimpleButtonMorph
-Place the SimpleButtonMorph above the TextMorph!!!
-Choose the following from the popup menu of the SimpleButtonMorph:
--set target
--change action selector (type in: contents)
--change arguments (type in: 'Hello World')
-Press the button

Greetings,
Dietmar