Metaclass fun

Sam Adams ssadams at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 21 15:18:27 UTC 1998

Travis wrote:
<<
The approach is to basically intercept doesNotUnderstand: and then send
a message called attemptToUnderstand: which basically attempts to find a
reordered keyword message signature that matches, and if so, resend the
correct message with the arguments reordered.

I love Smalltalk - it's so cool. Three methods and five minutes and I've

made keyword ordering irrelavent. How's that for changing the language
in a short amount of time?

Really, really cool.

Sam S. Adams, Distinguished Engineer, IBM Network Computing Software Division
tie line 444-0736, outside 919-254-0736, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>