Squeak hardware

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Wed Apr 22 04:40:50 UTC 1998

Hmmm...

I _like_ this idea. I've worked w/ the hw side just enough to  have a clue
about what's happening. Still, if I could help...

Just as a though experiment ...
Imagine a cross between the old TRS and a Newton. I would like to see a have
both a pen and keyboard interface as well as a usb/firewire/whatever
connection that I can hook VR gadgets to. Ultimately what _I'd_ like to see
squeak become is the "Sandbender" of Gibson's "Idoru".  I don't give a rat's
ass what the CPU is or even what _any_ of the details are; all I'd care about
is that I have a system that is as easy to use as the old Xerox machines - ST
or Interlisp. All that matters, really, is that it can talk to the net and be
sorta easily hacked.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd drop a grand that way quickly...

W.