New open source paper by Eric S. Raymond

John Dougan jdougan at kitsnet.vancouver.bc.ca
Fri Apr 24 04:03:19 UTC 1998

'Homesteading the Noosphere' is a new paper by esr following up the
regarded 'Cathedral and the Bazzar' paper. In it he discusses more closely
the open source culture and the whys and hows of it's workings.

It is located at:

<URL:http://www.earthspace.net/~esr/writings/homesteading/>

For Squeak I think that this paper has some valuable insight on project
management, and how we'll want to develop Squeak for maximum progress.

--john

John Dougan                              jdougan at kitsnet.vancouver.bc.ca
                                         Phone (Home): (604)253-5140
Owner, Researcher, Network Manager: Kitsilano Network Research.
 -- If it's not Boeing, I'm not going. --