HELP! formalizing OO

Tom Morgan tmorgan at acm.org
Sun Apr 26 20:24:48 UTC 1998

Florin,

> Could someone please point me to existing research in formalizing the OO
> approach (in relationship with fundamentals of Mathematics, Set Theory)?
> Thank you.

I forgot another reference you could look at for attempts for formalize
stuff related to objects.  This one is about inheritance.

  The Mathematics of Inheritance Systems
  David Touretzky
  Morgan-Kaufmann, Research Notes in Artificial Intelligence, 1986

This one does a nice job of showing how much there is to 'inheritance',
giving examples involving "Clyde the Elephant" quite the workout,
while maintaining reasonable formality.

This one is easier to read than the earlier references.

   ...Tom M
--
+---Tom Morgan ------------------------------ (tmorgan at acm.org) -----+
I   Brooklyn Union                          Phone: 1 718 403 2427    I