Linux squeak

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 27 23:37:21 UTC 1998

For infinite loops problems, you can use alt-. (which also works
on NT and perhaps every platform?)

For line-end problems, you can load CRLFFileStream.cs from:

         http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/mark.guzdial/squeak/CrLfFileStream.cs

(although maybe there is a more official location).  After loading it,
change the method FileStream class>>concreteStream to say CrLfFileStream
instead of StandardFileStream.

Regarding sound, at least three people have put together sound support
for Linux.  I'm one of those, and have put my stuff at:

         http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak/sound/

It seems to work fine for me, though I don't exactly test it real
hard.  I don't know if the other two (or more!) have put their stuff
on a Web page or not; my stuff has the potential disadvantage of
requiring pthreads for recording to work.

And finally, I don't have any suggesting about crashing after window
resizing.  IMHO, though, little quirks like this are well worth the
benefits of having the latest code available.  If you want more
safety, you can always turn off the really new features like xshm and
jitter.

Happy Squeaking (and Linuxing)!

Lex